Fast & Easy
We will help you find your Income Statement and complete your overdue Tax Returns.
- If you have a late tax return, lodge it as soon as possible. (The longer you wait, the more chance of ATO fines and interest charges.)
- If you lodge your late tax return now and you don’t owe the ATO any money, usually they won’t charge any late penalties.
- If you have refunds involved in overdue Tax Returns we can get you full refunds
The ATO does not normally apply a penalty for a tax return that results in a tax refund or no tax payable. The ATO is more likely to apply a penalty if:
- you have more than one tax return outstanding
- you have a poor lodgement history, or
- you have not complied with a request to lodge your tax return.
We have lodged high number of overdue tax returns without any penalties. In some cases where penalties have applied, we have generally experienced success in applying for penalties to be remitted. However, there is no absolute guarantee that the ATO will remit penalties. It is a matter of presenting a persuasive case to the ATO as to why you deserve remission.